"Myself" [!!]
Performed by: moumoon
Lyrics: YUKA
Composition: Kousuke Masaki
Arrangement: Kousuke Masaki & Junya Endo

º moumoon = YUKA (vocals/lyrics), Kousuke Masaki (guitar/synthesizers/composition/arrangement)

Song from:
[1 album] - moumoon (self-titled album)

»Romaji, and Layout Designed by: Oasis Heart3 (WAFTF)
»Translation by: quartet4 (WAFTF & his translation site)

Print Lyrics


Escape out of here as far as I can
Flying over seas, feel the breeze
Ah, I was dreaming of it then I woke
Ah, there is no sound, but the darkness
There is something, someone I'm looking for
It is something, someone that will save me
I tried to be perfect
Then I lost myself
Now all I do is run away from fears
But I wanna be myself

Every moment I cry
I'm gonna be stronger than I used to be
Don't be ashamed to be afraid
No, no,
Don't you try to deny it so much
Oh, every moment I smile
I'm gonna be happier than I used to be
Growing is sometimes painful
So much better than fooling myself
And now

When I feel like crying, I cry
When I feel like smiling, I smile

Kazamidori ga yureru
Oka no ue de deatta
Ah  kimi wa tsuyoi hito de
Ah  uso no nai me o shiteita
There is one thing, one thing finally I found
It is one love, one love that you give me
Yowai yowai
Kono kokoro
Aishite kureru hito
Oshiete kureta

Every moment you cry
Ah  tsuyoku tsuyoku nareru hazu dakara
Don't be ashamed to be afraid
No, no,
Kokoro ni uso wa tsukenai yo
Oh, every moment you smile
Ah  yasashii kimochi ga afurete kuru kara
Now I understand
What you're trying so say
Never lie to myself

When I smile, someone feels better
When I cry, someone cares about me

[Instrumental break]

Try to figure out just where I'm going
'Cuz I don't wanna chase the wrong road, yeah
I swallowed my feelings and it was enough
No, I wanna be free

I'm gonna be stronger than I used to be
Don't be ashamed to be afraid
No, no,
Don't you try to deny it so much
Oh, every moment I smile
I'm gonna be happier than I used to be
Growing is sometimes painful
So better than fooling myself and now

When I smile, someone feels better
When I cry, someone cares about me


Escape out of here as far as I can
Flying over seas, feel the breeze
Ah, I was dreaming of it then I woke
Ah, there is no sound, but the darkness
There is something, someone I'm looking for
It is something, someone that will save me
I tried to be perfect
Then I lost myself
Now all I do is run away from fears
But I wanna be myself

Every moment I cry
I'm gonna be stronger than I used to be
Don't be ashamed to be afraid
No, no,
Don't you try to deny it so much
Oh, every moment I smile
I'm gonna be happier than I used to be
Growing is sometimes painful
So much better than fooling myself
And now

When I feel like crying, I cry
When I feel like smiling, I smile

The weather vane sways;
We met on top of the hill
Ah, you were a strong person
Ah, and your eyes never lied
There is one thing, one thing finally I found
It is one love, one love that you give me
My heart
Is weak, weak
And the one who loved me
Is the one who showed me

Every moment you cry
Ah, I know you can be stronger, stronger
Don't be ashamed to be afraid
No, no,
You can't lie to your heart
Oh, every moment you smile
Ah, gentle emotions begin to overflow
Now I understand
What you're trying so say
Never lie to myself

When I smile, someone feels better
When I cry, someone cares about me

[Instrumental break]

Try to figure out just where I'm going
'Cuz I don't wanna chase the wrong road, yeah
I swallowed my feelings and it was enough
No, I wanna be free

I'm gonna be stronger than I used to be
Don't be ashamed to be afraid
No, no,
Don't you try to deny it so much
Oh, every moment I smile
I'm gonna be happier than I used to be
Growing is sometimes painful
So better than fooling myself and now

When I smile, someone feels better
When I cry, someone cares about me
Oasis Heart3's Note:
[!!] Since 10% of the lyrics had to be translated (and the other 90% was already in English), I've marked the Japanese romaji/translation in green.